Guidelines to Authors
Author must clearly state the type of manuscript i.e. original article, review article, case report, short report, letter editor. Authors must submit their manuscript through email to the editor, email@example.com. Authors should organize their manuscript in accordance with the instruction given as under:
All manuscripts must be submitted accompanied by a covering letter from the author responsible for correspondence regarding the manuscript. Manuscript should be written in English. Manuscript should prepare as word documents on A4 size with a margin of 2cm of sides having font size of 12 in Times New Roman style with single line spacing. All Figures and Tables should be placed at the end of the text.
Research paper should be arranged according to the guidelines mentioned under:
For the units of measurement, the use of the International System of Units (SI) is recommended
It should include name of authors and a superscripted asterisk symbol *positioned after the name of the corresponding author, address (es) of the institution (s) to which the work should be attributed, each author’s affiliation and a footnote including the complete mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address of the corresponding author. Up to six authors may be cited. More than six authors are allowed only with the satisfactory approval of the editorial board after its complete justification and verification.
It should give the brief idea of research paper and should not exceed more than 250 words. Abstract with the headings of Background, Time and duration of Study, Study design, Methodology, Results and Conclusion will be more liked.
5-8 keywords related to the work should be written at end of the abstract. Each keyword will be separated by coma.
It should provide sufficient background information for the reader to understand and evaluate the purpose or objective of the present study.
Materials and methods:
All significant material used along with its source should be mentioned. The key methods used should be briefly described, citing references. New methods or significantly modified methods may be illustrated in sufficient detail.
Appropriate statistical analysis should be done to the original data to verify the reported results. Specify the statistical methods used to analyze the data. Restrict the Tables and Figures only to those where it is needed to explain the argument of the paper and to assess its support. Use graphs as an alternative to Tables with many entries; do not duplicate data in graphs and Tables.
Results and Discussions:
The manuscripts having separate sections of “Result” and “Discussion” will be preferred. Data are summarized in the results section. Results should be described as concisely as possible in the following ways: text, Table(s) or Figure(s). Avoid extensive use of graphs to present data that might be more concisely or more comprehensively presented in the Figures or Tables. The reproducibility and statistical significance of measurements, material or biological data, must be included where relevant. The discussion should provide and interpretation of the results and their significance with regard to previously published work. There should not be any significant repetition of the experimental procedure or reiteration of the introduction.
A short, paragraph summarizing the most important finding (s) of the research is required.
The source of any financial support, gifts, technical assistance and advice if received for the work being published must be indicated in the Acknowledgements section.
All references must be cited in APA style of referencing.
Tables should be self-explanatory and supplement the text and must be numbered consecutively and be cited in the text.
Figures (photographs, drawing, diagrams and charts) are to be numbered in one consecutive series of Arabic numerals in the order in which they are cited in the text and abbreviated as Figure X.
Each Table and Figure should be on a separate sheet of paper. It is preferred to centralize the Table and Figure and to make its caption bold. The data presented in the Table is preferred to be in center and it should not be bold.
- Review Articles. Review articles should be about 15 pages and contain up-to date information providing comprehensive coverage of relevant literature. Review articles should preferably be written by scientists who have in-depth knowledge of the topic. All format requirements are similar to those applicable to Research papers. Review Articles need not be divided into sections such as Materials and methods, Results and discussion, but should definitely have an abstract, introduction and conclusion.
- Original article: Maximum 3000 words excluding title page and abstract with no more than three Tables or Figures and 30 references.
- Short Reports: Maximum 1500 words excluding title page. There is no abstract, short introduction; patients, methods and results are written together followed by comments. No more than two Tables or Figures and 10 references.
- Case Report: Maximum of 1000 words. It should have an abstract, short introduction, case report followed by discussion. No more than 5-8 references.
- Letters to the Editor: Maximum 250 words if it is in reference to a recent journal article, or 400 words in all other cases. It must have no more than five references and one Figure or Table. It must not be signed by any more than three authors. Letters referring to a recent journal article must be received within four weeks of its publication.
This journal shall be published twice in a year.
All material and intellectual rights of the journal shall be deemed property of the GCUF. All persons involved in the publication of ‘Pakistan Journal of Medical and Biological Sciences’ at the GC university Faisalabad, nationally and internationally in organizing or acting in advisory capacity, shall be acting on behalf of GCUF and as such shall not be liable for actions taken against the journal.
Manuscript Submission Process:
The conditions for submission of research articles/papers should be specific. The research papers should be checked properly that they have not been previously published elsewhere or under consideration of any other journal. It is the condition for acceptance of research manuscripts that it must be the work of authors solely or associated authors. The research manuscripts are accepted for publication either on line or via the mail when submitted to:
Editor: Prof. Dr Abid Rashid
Peer Review Process:
- The Editor will forward the manuscript to the Assistant Editor (3 days).
- The Assistant Editors will conduct a preliminary review to check if the submission follows the set criteria (7 days).
- After a preliminary review, the manuscripts will be forwarded to an appropriate subject Specialist reviewer (7days).
- Option to the reviewer to agree or disagree for review (3 days).
- Maximum review time request to the agreeing reviewer (4 weeks)
- Authors must answer review comments in 4 weeks.
- Subject specialist reviewer will recommend to the Assistant Editors for acceptance/rejection of the manuscript. The Editor will issue an acceptance/rejection letter to the corresponding author.